Great Gatsby ch 7 notes

•" her voice is full of money "
•" his wife and his mistress until an hour ago secure and inviolate, were slipping precipitately from his control"
- Mrs. Wilson is moving away and Tom is  worried Daisy will leave as well
• row = fight
• " I can't speak about what happened five years ago .. But all the rest of that's a God Damned lie. Daisy loved me when she married me and she loves me." ~ Tom
• " I never loved him"
- Daisy referring to Tom
- she said this to satisfy Gatsby
• " I did love him once but I loved you too.", Daisy
   " you loved me too ", Gatsby
(Those words physically hurt Gatsby)
   " I can't say I be weed loved Tom" she admitted in a pitiful voice " it wouldn't be true "
• Mrs. Wilson gets hit by a car(s) , and dies, one of the cars is yellow ( similar to toms car )
Described as a hit and run situation. Towards the end of the chapter it is reviled that Daisy is the one driving the car and she hit Mrs. Wilson by accident and gatsby says if she gets caught he'll take the blame.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The digital divide

Emerson's Child

essay - speech