essay - speech

Emerson once said, " he knows what that is which he can do, nor does he know until he has tried". He is telling us that we know whats best for ourselves. We can recall whats good and bad in life. Yet, we underestimate ourselves and we let our opportunities for our future fly away, we need takes some risks, that will actually help us and not hurt us in our upcoming future. As a junior in high school I'm starting to hear from adults like teachers, consular and from my own parents that I'm reaching my "adulthood" and I need to start to making wise decisions in life because whatever I do now, is going to affect my future. Just like in the story, A Sound of ThunderEckels the protagonist is warned by a safari leader named Travis that whatever he does in the past will eventually effect his future and it will be followed by consequences. Just like us if we go on the wrong path in our journey we will hit a dead end. We need to trust ourselves just like how Emerson once stated in self-reliance. We have to take responsibility of our actions and we need to start think of how we want our future to end.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The digital divide

Emerson's Child

Questions pg. 148-158